If you have not already heard, the Emmy’s were on this past week, and with all the chatter that’s surrounded it, here’s our run-down. . .
Maya Rudolph’s dress had me feeling very uncomfortable just looking at it! Regina King won Best lead actress in a limited series or a movie for Netflix’s “Seven Seconds.” Ms. King is so original, down to earth, and humble. Her reaction was sweet, she thanked God after announcing that she “tried really hard” to get the lipstick out of her dress. Her grace made me proud as she demonstrated a positive representation of the women and girls that look like her. I spoke about how she thanked God, it was kind of a running “joke” (I didn’t find funny) earlier co-host Michael Che announced there were six winners prior which, were white, none of which, thanked God.
Moments later in the awards show, Thandie Newton won for Best supporting actress for “Westworld” on HBO, As she goes on to thank each of her personal contributors for winning her award. She also states “she does not believe in God, but she would like to thank Her anyway.” I almost had a heart attack! LOL . There was one show stopping moment that took everyone by surprise especially one lucky woman (Jan Svendsen) as she sat gazing at her boyfriend, Glenn Weiss, as he won Best directing for a Variety Special. During his acceptance speech he told her that “he didn’t want to call her his girlfriend any more…” and the audience went wild. It was beautiful! She said YES!
Some one else said yes, but it was to a dress! Okay, bring it back lol I am talking about my girl Tiffany Haddish. Her multi-colored dress was life and she wore it well.
I have a list of the winners in order (well to the best of my abilities) 🙂
- Henry Winkler- Best supporting actor in a comedy for HBO’s “Barry”
- Alex Borstein- Best supporting actress in a comedy for “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.”
- Amy Sherman- Palladino-
- Oustanding writing for a comedy for Amazon’s “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
- Oustanding Directing for a comedy series for “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
- Rachel Brosnahan- Best Actress in a comedy series for Amazon’s “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
- Bill Hader- Best Actor in a comedy series for HBO’s “Barry”
- Merritt Wever- Outstanding support in actress in a limited series or a movie for Netflix “Godless”
- Jeff Daniels- Best support Actor in a limited series or movie for Netflix’s “Godless”
- William Bridges an Charlie Broker- Best writing in limited series for “USS Callister.”
- Betty White- Honored for decades of contributions to Television Industry.
- Ryan Murphy- Best directing for a limited series for FX’s ” The Assassination of Gianni Versace” An American Crime.
- Regina King- Best Lead actress in a limited series or a movie for Netflix’s “Seven Seconds”
- Darren Criss- Best Lead actor in a limited series for FX’s “Assassination of Gianni Versace”
- Michael Che- Reparation Emmy’s
- John Mulaney- Best writing for a variety special for Netflix’s “John Mulaney. Kid Gorgeous at Radio City”
- Glenn Weiss- Best directing for a variety special for the Oscars on ABC.
- Peter Dinkage- Best supporting actor in a Drama series for “Game of Thrones” HBO
- Thandie Newton – Best supporting actress in a drama series for “Westworld” HBO
- Joel Fields and Joe Wisberg- Best writing in a drama for FX’s “The Americans”
- Stephen Daldry- Best directing for a drama for Netflix’s “The Crown”
- Matthew Rhy’s- Best lead actor in a drama for “The Americans”
- Claire Foy- Best Lead actress in a drama for Netflix’s “The Crown”
- RuPaul’s Drag Race- Best reality competition Program
- Saturday Night Live- Outstanding Variety sketch series
- Last Week Tonight With John Oliver- Best Variety talk series
- The Assassination of Gianni Versace- Best Limited Series
- The Marvelou Mrs. Maisel- Best comedy series
- The Game of Thrones- Best Drama Series